Thursday, January 1, 2015

Heading to a new Location!

  Elder Brown with the Leeds Castle Christmas Tree.


We went to Leeds Castle on the Monday before Christmas. 

 On Christmas after I Skyped with my family, I left the McKenzie's home with my companion and we spent the next hour or so with our two baptismal dates who had no-one else over for Christmas. They have just lost their son to adoption because they have been deemed incapable of taking care of him. He is nearly 9 months old. I think the most valuable lesson I have learned so far on a mission is that not everyone has a great family. Not everyone has a great education, not everyone has an easy life. I have learned how blessed I have really been. I have no reason to ever complain, I have no reason to be upset, angry or frustrated. The gospel has brought our family the most rich blessings, and I never quite recognized that. I hope that I can continue to keep that perspective throughout my life, because it fills me with the desire to serve and help others. Thank you so much for your wonderful example, and all the stress it took you to get me to where I am today. 

The next time you hear from me I will be closer to France than I will be to England! I'll be sure to send lots of cool island pictures! Not to shock you or anything, but I fly out from Gatwick Airport tomorrow to go to my new area, GUERNSEY ISLAND!


We got these kilts at Leeds castle.

These pictures are taken at Leeds Castle


Elder Simpson, Elder Brown, Elder Kroch

This castle is made of gingerbread. One of the only gingerbread houses that beats mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment