Monday, March 3, 2014

Changing is hard to do!

Spiritual thought: How Can I find Peace in my Life?
Watch this link  http://mormon.org.uk/patrice

Patrice loves the feeling of singing at the top of her lungs in Australia's theaters, but she's most grateful for the feelings of peace that come from knowing she will see her loved ones again. God gives her the strength she needs to endure the trials of life and remembers what matters most.
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." - John 14:27
The Southampton district Feb.2014
Back row-? ,Wilcosz, Manucci, ?, Green, Brown, Ye
Front row-?, ?, ?, Wilson, ?      .
 

I am supposed to start using family history in my missionary efforts. The biggest problem is that I have gotten so used to not introducing it that I forget that we were even going to try, and I can't help but think about how I would react if someone came up to me about family history. I probably wouldn't be all that interested initally, so I don't have much hope for success using it except with older people! I will do my best, but I don't know how involved our ward is on it or not.
This week was pretty good. We had a lot of street teaches and lessons, but we are struggling to find people who are committed enough to change. It seems like the majority of the people we speak to undersand what we are saying and what we are clearly and bolding testifying of, but they just don't want to change or find out if we are teaching truth! We have a lot of people say they will come to church when we invite them, and they seem sincere, but then they don't come and we can never seem to get in contact with them afterwards. We are going to focus on seeking refferals from members this week to see if we can find part member familes and friends who will be open to the gospel and allow the spirit to touch their hearts and help them to change.
I am focusing on simple teaching, using preach my gospel and testifying to try and help people to feel the spirit and our sincerity. We have been able to get more lessons, but havn't had much success yet. Hopefully we will be guided to those who will accept the gospel.
Elder Wilkosz is pretty tall! I'm not sure exactly how tall, but 6 ft. 4 inches sounds about right! The sunset picture from last week  was taken down in Weston on the coast-ish. It is near the large flat-tower I knocked with elder green! 
You know six weeks goes by so fast in the mission field! 6 weeks is one transfer! I have been here for nearly 5 transfers now, and it went by so fast! 
Wow, glad I am here and not there, the weather sounds intense! When I tell people I am from the states they ask where? and I say, Montana, kinda north west, and there like, oh wow, did you hear about the snow and freezing! Some of them mentioned that Nigra Falls froze!? I don't know, but either way they all think I come from a place where it is always the end of the world! Here it is like spring, we have had a lot of nice sunny days, with a few bouts of rain, but it hasn't been to bad for the most part.
I love you all, and hope you have a wonderful week! 
Here are a few not so serious pictures of the district 



No comments:

Post a Comment