Monday, June 9, 2014

New Campanion

It was transfers this past week and Elder Jackman is my new companion. He is 19 years old (a bit younger than me), from San Diego California. He is really cool, loves singing, loves the gospel, and gives Book of Mormon's out like Candy! He is great, A solid missionary! We are already getting a lot done together, and I am excited to work with him.

On Thursday we gave out 11 Book of Mormon's and on Friday we gave D___ a Baptismal date for the 27th of July and he accepted! We taught over 20 lessons since we have been together, since Wednesday and we are excited to keep it up! Elder Jackman feels very weird being off of Jersey island! He used bikes on Jersey and told me that the office paid for the bikes, so we called President Millar and the office and got it all sorted out and had bikes by Saturday afternoon. DON'T GET TOO EXCITED THOUGH! After about 5 minutes on the bike I was lightheaded and felt sick. We stopped for a while and then continued, but I couldn't do it, we called sister Ellis (who had bought the bikes online for us and we are going to pay her back) and brought the bikes back to her so that she could return them. We continued the rest of the day as normal, but I could hardly do anything! I didn't recover from the less than 10 min bike journey until Sunday morning, and even then I didn't feel well in the morning and almost blacked out! On Saturday evening when we walked to correlation I felt like I was going to faint. At first I thought I was just out of shape, but we have been talking about it and I have been thinking about it and we think I have a physical problem of some sort. The more I think about it the more sure I am. Back home after the BSA swimming test on Melita Island, I felt extremely nauseous and extremely lightheaded, whenever I ran the mile at school I got lightheaded and took a long time to recover, I was at Micheal's (a recent convert) home a few weeks ago and was helping him change a light bulb in his ceiling, which is fairly high up and I had too stop for a while because having my head facing upwards nearly caused me to black out. I usually feel fairly lightheaded in the morning, it was like that even at home, but I never thought anything of it, and so never mentioned it to you guys. When I was with Elder lamb, we went running in the mornings, and it was usually OK, but I felt a bit lightheaded and sick then as well. We think it might be a cardiovascular problem of some sort, but I have no clue. We found out yesterday that sister Ellis probably can't return the bikes, and in order to have enough travel money this transfer we will probably pay her back with personal funds. The bikes cost £75 each, so at least it isn't too bad, but it will still be quite the chunk of money. I still have enough on my card, so don't worry about it. You don't have to transfer any money or anything. .Any advice on what to do about this would be appreciated. Other than that though our week was great!
I forgot to bring my card reader again, so no photos this week sorry! 
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment